Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Post-it Script

Previously I regaled you with the failures and foibles of Michael; however, I neglected to include one of the most ironic bits of yesterday's woes.
Hence, P.S.
Before leaving our young salesman and crew, my friend ask if they'd call and let her know if her computer happened to come in on their regular delivery schedule Wednesday.
Apparently they get a shipment weekly with a variety of different items that the main branch has decided needs to "move" that week. So randomly, the item she ordered due in 4 days could possibly arrive early.
When she ask this innocently appropriate question, Michael immediately reacted. He started looking around the register he was standing at, going through shelves and drawers...with obviously no success in finding what he was looking for he moved over to the next register, and then the next; once again visibly frustrated by not finding what he was searching for. As his frustration mounted he began darting to-and-fro. Finally running to the main counter, he began to rifle through every shelf and drawer. As his anxiety increased, a light bulb suddenly appeared above my head and I reached into the side pocket of my purse where I'd jammed some sticky notes just before leaving work to meet my friend!
Michael, a nervous sweat forming on his brow, for an untold number of frantic minutes, had been searching desperately for a sticky note to write my friend's phone number on as a reminder to call her. At the same instant I pulled the stashed, yellow pad from my purse, Michael produced an exact duplicate, our hands thrusts the notepads towards each other in an intense release of spontaneous success! I can't make this stuff up you guys, this is true, Michael, a Staples employee, needed to write himself a note, and could not locate a sticky note in Staples.

No comments:

Post a Comment